Which visa is right for me?

The Australian Government offers many different visas, both permanent and temporary. It is important to know which visas relate to your circumstances because you may have more than one visa option available to you.

Each visa type has very specific eligibility requirements. The requirements for some of the more popular visas are summarised below.

Employer Sponsored Visa – for people with an eligible employer in Australia who is willing to sponsor them for full-time work in a particular occupation.

Family Migration Visa – for people with particular family links to someone who is in Australia or is coming to Australia.

Partner Visa – for people who are married to, intending to marry, or in a de facto relationship with an Australian permanent resident or citizen.

General Skilled Migration Visa – for people who do not have an approved employer to sponsor them but still have skills that are in demand in Australia.

Student Migration Visa – for people who are eligible to study at an Australian institution and are able to meet the obligations in order to do this.

Humanitarian / Protection Visa – for people from certain countries who are able to show particular reasons why it is not safe for them to remain in or return to their home country.

Visitor Visa – for people who may want to visit family, plan a holiday, or even seek medical treatment in Australia.


For professional and friendly Australian immigration assistance or advice, contact us today!

Contact Us